On November 20, 2017, at about 1:05 p.m., officers with the Eureka Police Department responded to the parking lot of a bank on the 400 block of G Street for the report of a robbery.
The victim said he had just exited his vehicle with his daughter when an unknown male approached him from behind and asked for money. When the victim turned around, the suspect brandished a fixed blade knife and removed the victim’s wallet from his pants pocket. The suspect fled on a bike east on 4th Street.
The suspect was described as a white male, 5’6” to 5’7”, thin build, and had a dark beard. The suspect was wearing a black rain jacket with the hood up and was riding a bike described as poorly spray painted black.
A detective has been assigned to the case and possible surveillance is being sought. Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Eureka Police Department at (707) 441-4044.
Parking lot safety tips:
- Park in highly visible, well-lit areas, preferably with surveillance cameras.
- Be cautious of people loitering, requesting assistance, asking questions.
- Stay off your cell phone while walking to and from your vehicle to avoid distraction.
- Be discreet with your money and valuables.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.